Monday, April 13, 2009

Toseland says he is now fully fit

Toseland says he is now fully fit

James Toseland declared himself fully recovered from his winter accidents after completing 18 laps in today's MotoGP practice session at Losail.

The Tech 3 Yamaha rider suffered two massive crashes during the winter, including a violent high-side at Jerez only a fortnight ago that left him with foot injuries and concession.

But Toseland said he felt no ill effects from the accidents in today's practice session.

"I'm pleased with tonight because it has been a tough winter but I was in the ballpark right from the start," he said. "I'm 11th but on the lap times I'm really close to the top six and that is really encouraging.

"The team did a great job with the base setting because I've not had much time on the bike, and their understanding of what I need has been fantastic.

"I felt comfortable on the bike and that was important for me. My right foot is a little bit sore after the crash in Jerez but it is not proving a big problem on the bike at all. I'm delighted with my recovery because for a while I couldn't even put any weight on my right foot.

"But if we had a race tomorrow then I'd be going for a top six position and that's where I want to be coming off the winter."

Toseland's team-mate Edwards made a superb start to his 2009 season by taking third in Friday practice, a second quicker than the Briton had managed.

"I'm pretty happy to have started close to the front because it is always important to try and hit the ground running," said Edwards.



  • Culture shock just what Rays needed
  • Toseland says he’s getting over crash
  • Lincecum nabs MLB 2K9 cover
  • Toseland expected to be fit for Qatar
  • Burrell tweaks back during practice
  • No comments: