Friday, April 10, 2009

Stoner eyes touring cars after bikes

Stoner eyes touring cars after bikes

Former MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner is considering a switch to touring cars when his career in motorcycle racing has finished.

The Australian, who won the world title for Ducati in 2007, hasn't planned a timeframe on his two-wheeled career but revealed his desire to sample touring cars in his home country.

"I'll quit bikes when I stop enjoying myself, I haven't set any objectives," Stoner told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Doohan's five titles? Should I get as many, I'll think about it.

"When I retire, maybe I will race touring cars in Australia, where the 1000-kilometre races are very enjoyable. I want to better understand the driving style, the tyre behaviour and the set-up.

"I've never tried out a real racing car and I'll think about it in the near future."



  • Phillies’ win honors Manuel, mother
  • Stoner salutes ‘fantastic’ finish
  • Meet Koufax, the band
  • Stoner ’shocked’ by Kawasaki exit
  • Stoner to start training in two weeks
  • No comments: