Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stoner to start training in two weeks

Stoner to start training in two weeks

Casey Stoner says his recovery is progressing well following surgery to his wrist, and the former MotoGP champion will begin training soon.

The Ducati rider underwent surgery on 30 October and has been unable to ride a bike or train since then.

Stoner has stayed in Europe for the first phase of his recovery but will now travel to Australia.

An x-ray on the wrist joint carried out in Modena yesterday was positive and Stoner will start light training in around two weeks' time.

"Yesterday the doctors told me that everything is going okay with my wrist, now I must wait and see," said Stoner. "With the new cast they did yesterday I will be able to start some training on a pushbike so that is positive.

"In a few days I'll be heading back to Australia and it will be nice to be home for a while."

The Australian admitted it was awkward to miss this week's test at Jerez, where only teammate Nicky Hayden will be in action for Ducati.

"It was a very strange feeling to be watching today instead of riding. This is probably the longest period I've gone without riding a bike at all since I was three years old! I'll definitely have a lot of motivation to get back on track in February.

"It is good to watch the bikes on track together with my engineers and then speak about it with Filippo (Preziosi) and Nicky, to share our feelings and see what we can do to improve our machine for next season."



  • Ever-positive attitude key for Zayner
  • Stoner could undergo early surgery
  • Stoner undergoes wrist surgery
  • No comments: