Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rossi happy after 'tough' race

Rossi happy after tough race

Valentino Rossi was happy with his ninth victory of the season after battling Dani Pedrosa in the early laps and hot weather conditions throughout the race.

The Italian found the conditions so tough to ride in that when he saw his pit board early in the race to see how many laps remained, he felt it was better to not care rather than wonder how he would be able to last the rest of the distance in the extreme heat.

"Unbelievable," explained Rossi. "It was very tough because the temperature is incredible. So it was a long, long race already after five or six laps. I start to see at the (pit) board how many laps remain, and I see one strange number, so maybe it's better I don't care!

He was happy to take the victory after spending the first half of the race in a battle with polesitter Dani Pedrosa, going on to take his ninth victory of his championship-winning season.

"Good start at the beginning, I have a hard battle with Dani, but after half-race I go in front, I know I have good pace and I make ten laps in front alone.

"This track is enjoyable but very very difficult, so I'm happy it's my ninth victory of the season."

Rossi felt that off-season testing at Sepang at the start of the year was crucial to his victory, with the bike suiting the Malaysian circuit and Rossi having confidence in the bike's and his own performance at the track.

"I'm very happy about this victory because we worked strongly on our M1 during the winter here in Sepang, and we know we have great potential because I like the track and the bike is suitable for these type of corners.

"When I arrive Friday morning I was scared, 'is OK or not OK?' but it was fast from the beginning."



  • Rossi always expected Sepang win
  • Revs earn point, moral victory in Colorado
  • No comments: