Friday, October 24, 2008

Rossi: I have a score to settle at Valencia

Rossi: I have a score to settle at Valencia

Valentino Rossi says he has a score to settle with the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia at the coming weekend's MotoGP finale after his last two races at the track.

He fell early in the 2006 race, confirming Nicky Hayden as the champion, and crashed again last year, losing second in the standings to Dani Pedrosa.

The Italian is eager to return to form in the race this weekend at the circuit where he won in 2003 and 2004.

"I've had two bad years at Valencia and I have some memories I would like to forget with a good result there this year," said Rossi. "I have an account to settle!"

"In 2006 I crashed and lost the championship, then last year I broke my hand and lost second place. It's not the best track for us, but I won there with Yamaha in my first year with them and I would like to do the same again this weekend.

"It's been a fantastic season and the win on Sunday in Malaysia was great, but I am not finished yet and I want to reward my team, Yamaha and Bridgestone for a fantastic season with the possible result on Sunday. Then we can all celebrate with a big party."



  • Rossi always expected Sepang win
  • Suzuki predict strong finish at Valencia
  • Hoops, Rapids settle on tie
  • Pedrosa: Honda are closing on Yamaha
  • No comments: