Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lorenzo happy with fourth, worried for race

Lorenzo happy with fourth, worried for race

A happy Jorge Lorenzo was satisfied with his fourth place in qualifying at Laguna Seca, but he expects a 'very hard' race tomorrow.

The Fiat Yamaha rookie, who is running at the American track for the first time in his career, like all Michelin riders struggled with his race tyres because their hard compound does not allow them to get up to temperature quickly.

"We had a good qualifying tyre from Michelin and I was very happy with my performance this afternoon," said the Spaniard. "The second row is very good, especially since this is my first time here.

"We know we have a race tyre that is okay for tomorrow, but it is quite hard and therefore it is quite difficult to get temperature into it; this is the problem for our pace.

"In fact today we improved a lot but we are still a long way off the best time and therefore I think it's going to be a very hard race and we will struggle to go fast in the early stages, until we can get enough temperature into the tyre.

"For me the most difficult part of the track is still the first corner, this is where I lack some feeling, so we will try to improve things a bit more in the warm-up.

"Besides all this I am still having fun riding here, even though it is clear that this is not the best race for our package. I will do my best tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to enjoy myself again."



  • Qualifying rained off at Monza
  • Lorenzo disappointed with seventh spot
  • No comments: