Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lorenzo disappointed with seventh spot

Rookie sensation Jorge Lorenzo was disappointed with his seventh position in qualifying ahead of tomorrow's Italian MotoGP at Mugello.

The Fiat Yamaha rider, who qualified in pole position for the first three races of the season, refused to put the blame on the injuries from the crash in China one month ago, however, but rather admitted to struggle to find a good dry set-up.

"Of course I'm not happy with seventh because I always want to be at the front," he said. "It's my worst position so far with Yamaha in MotoGP and I'm especially disappointed because I really like this track and I love the Italian fans, but now we just have to look forward to a good race.

"I still lack some power in my ankles but honestly I can't blame my injuries this time, today it was a case of lacking time to find the right dry set-up and of me not riding as well as I might have done."

Lorenzo, whose teammate Valentino Rossi took pole position today, is confident he and the team will be able to improve for the race.

"We need to work on the front," said Lorenzo, "especially because at the moment we are wheeling too much and we don't have enough stability in the bumpy areas, but I have confidence in my team and in Yamaha and I know we will be able to improve for tomorrow.

"Anyway, we know our bike is working well here because Valentino is on pole. Tomorrow morning we will decide on the race tyre, together with Michelin, and then I will try to get a good start and pass as many people as possible."



  • Chilton takes wet pole at Rockingham
  • MotoGP: Edwards tops Le Mans warm-up
  • Lorenzo to have further tests
  • No comments: