Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pedrosa waits for recovery verdict

Pedrosa waits for recovery verdict

Dani Pedrosa wants to wait until practice for the British Grand Prix starts tomorrow to see just how well recovered he is from his Barcelona testing crash.

The Repsol Honda rider bruised his back in a testing accident the day after claiming victory in the Catalan Grand Prix.

Although suffering no broken bones, the Spaniard has admitted that he is still troubled by the injury - although is unsure how that will effect his riding.

"Now I am much better than the night of (the crash)," he said during the build-up to this weekend's race at Donington Park. “There is still some pain...and since the crash I have not done any activity. So tomorrow I will see how I feel.”

While Pedrosa’s teammate Nicky Hayden is racing with Honda’s new pneumatic valve engine in the British Grand Prix, he has decided to stick with the older version of the power unit for now.

Pedrosa did try out the new version in the Barcelona test before stopping with mechanical problems.

“I did not so many laps and had some problems,” he said. “I had to stop and couldn’t test any more. Then I take the normal one and immediately I crash.”



  • Abay tops Thruxton test
  • Rossi: Pedrosa would’ve been hard to beat
  • SLC chassis to debut at Snetterton
  • Ratel offers 2009 British F3 deal
  • Pedrosa tops post-Le Mans test
  • No comments: