Thursday, September 25, 2008

Elias aims to finish season on a high

Elias aims to finish season on a high

Toni Elias says he is aiming to finish the 2008 season on a high before he starts thinking of next year.

The Spaniard has been linked with a return to the Gresini team after a difficult season with the Alice Ducati squad.

His form, however, has turned around in recent races and Elias has climbed onto the podium twice.

Elias said on Thursday that he could not talk about his future plans, but admitted he is willing to give his best for his current team in the four remaining races.

"I can't say anything at the moment," Elias told a news conference at Motegi. "I just want to finish the season like this, like in Misano and the Czech Republic.

"I think I have to improve my performance in the wet and if it's dry continue like up to now, following Stoner and Valentino. I have a very good relationship with my team and I want to finish well."

The Spanish rider also confessed the season has been hard after needing so many races to solve his problems.

"It was a difficult situation. I was in the last positions. I knew what was the problem and I was waiting for the solution. When the solutions arrived we made a big change and it was possible to be me.

"Then the podiums arrived. I made a big step forward. It's good, and we'll see next season."



  • Elias targets more progress in France
  • Elias happy but cautious about race
  • No comments: