Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Elias targets more progress in France

Elias targets more progress in France

Toni Elias is looking to make more progress in France this weekend following his best result of the season in the Chinese Grand Prix.

The Alice rider has endured a difficult start to the season, but he seemed to take a step forward in performance in Shanghai, where he scored a season-best eighth place.

Now the Spaniard wants to keep progressing.

"In world of sports you can never be pleased, even if you win a race or the world championship," said Elias in a team preview ahead of this weekend's Le Mans race.

"The most important challenge is always the next one. This has to be the right spirit. In Le Mans last year I surely didn't have much fun: it was one of the worst days of my career.

"I hope to have a bit more luck on this occasion. The Team is working in the right direction and I am sure that also thanks to the support of Ducati and Bridgestone our season can only get better."

Teammate Sylvain Guintoli admitted he is eager to race at home again, especially after managing to lead last year's race for a few laps.

"I can't wait any longer," he said. "I always feel unique sensations in Le Mans. Especially last year, when I was in front of everyone for a moment during the race, I felt the fans' support as I had never done before.

"I would like to give to my supporters the same emotions this weekend, maybe by improving last year's final result.

"For sure, seeing this year's results, the tenth position would be a good step forward, but at home, I want even more. I really enjoy the track's layout, it will be a fantastic race."



  • Galaxy defense looks to step up
  • Mercedes threaten to pull out of F3
  • Hartley on pole for race two
  • Hopkins sure he will be fit for France
  • Vermeulen targets Le Mans resurgence
  • Lorenzo: I won’t be fully fit in France
  • Rossi aims to carry momentum
  • Dovizioso aims to shine at Le Mans
  • Stoner targeting Le Mans fightback
  • Rossi takes victory in China
  • Top riders predict ‘long’ title battle
  • Lorenzo diagnosed with further injuries
  • Lorenzo given green light to race
  • Stoner tops wet warm-up
  • No comments: