Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dovizioso aims to shine at Le Mans

Dovizioso aims to shine at Le Mans

MotoGP rookie Andrea Dovizioso is hoping to reproduce his strong form of the start of the season at Le Mans this weekend.

The Italian finished fourth in the season opener in Qatar but hasn't been able to follow it with strong finishes, despite impressing with his pace.

He's hoping to turn that around in France.

"It's a good opportunity for us because I like the track very much and have always collected excellent results there in 125s and 250s," said the Honda rider.

"Le Mans is a slower track and I think it will fit very well with our RC212V.

"I would like to get a better result than the 11th at China and this will be the incentive that pushes me harder.

"Morale is high for both the team and myself, they are hungry for points and motivated like me so I think I will play up front with the top riders."



  • Hoops hoping to reignite attack
  • Abay dominates second Croft practice
  • Perez eyeing title after first win
  • Vermeulen targets Le Mans resurgence
  • Rossi aims to carry momentum
  • Stoner targeting Le Mans fightback
  • Hopkins sure he will be fit for France
  • Lorenzo: I won’t be fully fit in France
  • No comments: