Monday, May 12, 2008

Lorenzo: I won't be fully fit in France

Lorenzo: I won't be fully fit in France

Jorge Lorenzo says he will not be fully fit for the French Grand Prix next weekend, but the Spaniard confirmed he will race at Le Mans despite his injuries.

Lorenzo injured both his ankles in a dramatic crash during practice in China. Despite that, the Yamaha rider took part in the race and finished in fourth position.

Further checks after the race showed Lorenzo's injuries were worse than initially thought, and the Spaniard has been confined to a wheelchair since then.

But the 21-year-old says his mental condition will make him strong at one of his favourites track next weekend.

"I was lucky in China," said Lorenzo in a team preview. "If I'd have landed differently it could have ruled me out until the middle of the season and certainly prevented me from enjoying myself as much as I am in this early part of the season.

"In China I realised the risks in this sport; as riders we have to take a lot of risks and that Sunday in Shanghai, with my emotions and my feelings, I knew I had to go through it and take risks again because my team were depending on me in the box.

"I won't be at 100% for Le Mans but my mental condition should make me strong at one of my favourite circuits and I am really looking forward to the race just the same.

"I know my team will help me all that they can and hopefully I will be in good enough shape to challenge strongly, as I have at the first four races. China was unfortunate but now I have to move on."



  • RSL won’t take play-in game lightly
  • Hartley on pole for race two
  • Lorenzo diagnosed with further injuries
  • Rossi aims to carry momentum
  • Lorenzo to have further tests
  • No comments: