Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stoner rues bad tyre compound choice

Casey Stoner rued a decision to switch tyre compounds before the MotoGP race at Shanghai today when he could only finish a distant third to Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa.

The reigning champion struggled for pace in the race and believes he was fortunate to finish as high as third.

"I'm a little bit disappointed with today," he said. "We were advised to go with a softer compound rear tyre this morning, but after three laps it was clear that it just wasn't enough. I think we should have stayed with what we had the day before.

"We'd had a reasonable race pace and I think we'd have been a lot faster. I don't think we would have been battling with the first two, but we would have been more relaxed in the race. I was struggling just to stay with Colin (Edwards) before he ran off the track.

"We've still got a lot more work to do, but the team has the right attitude and I'm willing to put the work in, so hopefully we can improve this position."



  • Stoner tops wet warm-up
  • No comments: