Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dovizioso blames Toseland for collision

Andrea Dovizioso was critical of James Toseland after they tangled early in the French Grand Prix, but the British rider believed Dovizioso caused the clash by failing to see him alongside.

Toseland fell in the incident and had to retire, while Dovizioso survived unscathed and finished sixth.

The Italian said Toseland only had himself to blame.

"I don't know what Toseland was thinking of then," Dovizioso told Italia1 television. "Even though he was on a tighter line, I was ahead and he didn't care at all about who was around him, he just went his own way.

"It had already been said he is a bit too aggressive, and today he did even worse. It would be better if he calmed down a bit. It's not a matter of the bikes clashing side-by-side in superbikes-style, it's a matter of a rider hitting another one in the middle of a corner."

But Toseland felt the crash occurred simply because Dovizioso hadn't seen him.

"I was going into Turn 4 and Dovizioso came past, he went wide and I went underneath him," he told BBC television. "Unfortunately he didn't see me on the inside and came straight into the side of us. We came together quite hard and I lost my front.

"I got off to a great start and just wanted to settle into the race, but unfortunately I had the incident and that spoiled it. I'm disappointed, obviously. With a French team at Le Mans, I wanted to get a good result."



  • Cochrane recovering from grisly collision
  • Pedrosa tops first practice in France
  • No comments: