Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hopkins sure he will be fit for France

Hopkins sure he will be fit for France

Kawasaki's John Hopkins is confident he'll be fully fit for the MotoGP round at Le Mans this weekend, despite injuring his leg during the last race at Shanghai.

The American caught the back of his knee on the footpeg of his Ninja ZX-RR in a collision with Alex de Angelis at the end of the main straight in China.

He went on to finish the race 14th, despite the injury.

"My leg is completely black and blue with bruising but, while it looks quite nasty, it hasn't caused me any problems," he said. "I'm confident it won't be an issue on the bike.

"I'm looking forward to Le Mans because it's a track that suits my riding style. There's a lot of hard braking, quick changes of direction, and hard acceleration, and that's exactly what the ZX-RR has been designed for. When you combine this with our Bridgestone tyres, which always seem to work well here, I think we're in a strong position.

"But we need to watch out for the weather as it's notoriously changeable at Le Mans, but wet or dry I'm confident that we can put in a strong performance in France."



  • Teams consider BTCC package move
  • Ericsson tops Rockingham test
  • Hulkenberg wins race one at Mugello
  • Lorenzo: I won’t be fully fit in France
  • Rossi aims to carry momentum
  • Dovizioso aims to shine at Le Mans
  • Stoner tops wet warm-up
  • Vermeulen targets Le Mans resurgence
  • Stoner targeting Le Mans fightback
  • Top riders predict ‘long’ title battle
  • Rossi takes victory in China
  • No comments: